South and City College Birmingham is one of the largest further education providers in the UK, with eight campuses across the city. We are committed to ensuring students have the relevant skills, qualifications, and experience for their future, whether that is to seek employment or continue their education.
We are the region’s largest provider for adult learning and have a strong partnership with JCP to support unemployed into work through bespoke training programmes and upskilling employees.
The college’s apprenticeship provision supports employers across the region and supports national employers in their apprenticeship schemes. We support young people on both technical programmes with the introduction of T Levels and A Level programmes.
As a construction training college, we have developed innovative partnerships enhancing the value of our provision to the future workforce, ensuring courses we offer are relevant to employer needs. Our partnerships include working closely with National Express resulting in our Bordesley Green based bus and coach engineering academy. We recently launched an Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Training Centre at our Bournville Campus recognising the expected need and anticipated skills shortage in servicing and maintenance of electric and hybrid vehicles. We have also developed a close partnership with Balfour Beatty Vinci resulting in the creation of the SCCB/BBV Skills Academy at our Bordesley Green Campus, which aimed to support BBV with education and development of individuals in the HS2 project.
Advanced and Higher Technical Specialisms
Media, Creative and Broadcasting
- Creative media production, games production, art and design and broadcasting.
- Technician standard vehicle repair, including hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Construction management, project management and planning.
- Electrical installation, plumbing, bricklaying and carpentry.
- AutoCAD design, construction techniques, traditional and modern construction techniques.
Electronics, Machinery and Parts
- Electronic and electrical engineering, PLC control, pneumatic systems, hydraulic control, computer numerical control, testing and inspection, design and verification.
- BPEC Gas, LPG & water regs
Health Care and Teaching
- Early years, health and social care, teacher training and healthcare management.
- Games design
Business & Professional
Key Facts 2020/21
|ESFA financial health rating||Good|
|Current Ofsted grade||Good|